DEPUTY SECRETARIES TO THE TREASURY
Ananda Kithsiri Seneviratne is a special grade officer of the Sri Lanka Administrative Service (SLAS).
Mr Seneviratne holds an Honours Bachelor’s Degree specialising in Chemistry from University of Kelaniya. He has obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Financial Administration from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka and Masters in Business Administration from University of Colombo.
He joined the Sri Lanka Administrative Service in 1995. Upon completion of his in-service training year he was appointed as an Assistant Director to the Department of Fiscal Policy of the Ministry of Finance in 1996. In 2006 he was assigned to the Department of National Budget of the same Ministry as a Director. In 2015 he was appointed as the Director General of the Department of Fiscal Policy. Since January 2018 Mr Seneviratne has been working as the Director General of the Department of National Budget until he was appointed as a Deputy Secretary of the Treasury in February 2018.
Mr Seneviratne has also served as a Board Director in many state owned enterprises.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
An academically and professionally astute Professional in the field of Public Financial Management with a passion for continually develop system, processes, procedures and practices in Public Financial Management that save time and scarce resources in the public sector organizations to help achieve economic and social development in sustainable manner.
Being an Accountant by profession, he possesses a wide range of associated disciplines in Public Financial Management (PFM), Public Procurement, Asset Management and training and development of staff in these fields.
Mr. Algama holds a Master of Business Administrationv (MBA) from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and the Sloan School of Management of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Boston, USA and Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Kelaniya. He is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) and the CPA Australia.
He joined the Public Service in 1987 and since 1991 has been working in the General Treasury holding number of positions in the Department of State Accounts, Department of National Budget, Department of Public enterprises and the Department of Public Finance. Prior to assuming duties as a Deputy Secretary to the Treasury, he has completed seven years in the Department of Public Finance as the Director General engaging with number of Public Financial Management Reforms such as PFM Bill, Public Procurements and introduction of e-GP System in Public Sector.
Mr. R.M.P Rathnayake
Mr. R.M.P Rathnayake assumed duties as Deputy Secretary to the Treasury on 08th January 2020 is a Special Grade officer in the Sri Lanka Planning Service and has been in the public service for almost 25 years in various positions. Mr. Ratnayake joined the public service as an Assistant Director belonging to the Planning Service in 1994. He was attached to the Department of National Planning, which is the apex government institution responsible for development planning and preparation of National Development Plans.
In January 2011, he has appointed as the Director in-charge of Asian Development Bank (ADB) Division of the External Resources Department (ERD) which is responsible for mobilizing foreign financing for economic development of the country. Subsequently he has been promoted as the Additional Director General and then as the Director General of the ERD, he was responsible for coordinating with development partners, lending agencies and capital market to mobilize foreign financing for development projects, engage with bilateral negotiations and facilitate timely disbursement of foreign financing. He has gained vast experience in multilateral development banking as an Alternate Executive Director to the newly established Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank located in Beijing, China representing Sri Lankan government.
Also served as an Additional Secretary in the Ministry of National Policies & Economic Affairs from February to May 2015 and appointed as DG/ERD in May 2015 again
Other Significant Positions held:
• Alternate Director - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Beijing, PRC
• Chairman, National Savings Bank, Sri Lanka
• Member, National Medicine Regulatory Authority, which regulates medicines, medical devices, borderline products, clinical trials and cosmetics
• Director, Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka
• Director, Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management
• Director of the People’s Bank, a leading state bank in Sri Lanka
• Member of the Board of Management of the Post Graduate Institute of Medicine (PGIM), University of Colombo, institute that is responsible for the specialist training of Medical doctors
• Member of the Board of Directors of the National Aquaculture Development Authority of Sri Lanka, which is the main state sponsored organization mandated for the task of development of the aquaculture and inland fisheries sector
• Member of the Sri Lanka Council for Agricultural Research Policy (CAARP). CAARP advises the government on all matters regarding organization, planning and excusing of agricultural research
• Member of the Governing Council of the University of Vocational Training, A state University responsible for technical and Vocational training
• Member of the Board of Directors of the State Pharmaceuticals Corporation of Sri Lanka (SPC) from January 2006 to April 2010. SPC has been the sole supplier of pharmaceuticals, surgical consumable items, laboratory chemicals and equipment to all public health institutions.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Mahaweli Authority of Sri Lanka from January 2006 to April 2010.
• Member of the Advisory Board to the Science and Technology Policy Research Division of the National Science Foundation from May 2005.
• Member of the Sri Lanka Economic Association-(Sri Lanka Economic Association, 275/75, Prof. Stanley WijeesundaraMawatha, Colombo 07.)
• Visiting Consultant/ lecturer of the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration (SLIDA) since 2007.
• “In search of Knowledge City- A Vision to be realized”, Daily news, Friday 30th July 2010. This article focuses on some important aspects relating to the challenging task of transforming Sri Lanka in to a Knowledge Hub.
• “How could the Agriculture sector achieve a ten percent growth rate in the near future?”, Daily news, Friday 20th June 2003.
• An assessment of resource management competence of major irrigation systems in Sri Lanka: A study of bureaucracy - community interface in the Ridibendi Ela scheme. June 2000.
• Landslides and Environmental refugees: An assessment of landslides and related phenomena with special reference to soil management practices in Sri Lanka. May 1999. (unpublished).